Friday, April 17, 2009

Hiking Trip

Papa, Daddy and all four boys went on an all day adventure to a park right on the other side of the Mississippi border.

That's right....I had the WHOLE day to myself!

I spent some time shopping - alone! I don't remember the last time I did that. I spent the rest of the time trying to get everything ready for my stay in the hospital and bringing home a new baby.

The boys had a great time. You would think after hiking for 5 hours (literally - 5 hours) they would have been out in no time when they got to the car. NO ONE fell asleep in the car. Not even Andrew, and he HIKED over half way. Marmar would be proud. They taught him how to scoot where things were steep.

They all came in when they got home and told me about the snakes they saw (this is becoming a story I am tired of hearing...boys and danger - YUCK). I am ready to make them stay indoors all the time!

For some reason they had WAY too much energy still. Papa told them to wait outside until he got out of the Jeep and they would go for a walk around the neighborhood. He thought they would fight and say no. To all of the adults surprise they were ready to go! They didn't though.

The old men (Papa and Daddy) have taken their Aleve and are lounging comfortably now. The boys are in bed. If we are ALL lucky...they will sleep in in the morning.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Yeah right!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just be sure Papa is home and at the airport by 9;55!!