Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Forgotten Lunch

It was Bryce's turn to watch for the bus this morning. Usually, this does not go well. He doesn't like to watch for it and he usually plays at the kitchen sink instead of watching. Today he did not mind, though, because he had a field trip.

I was getting ready to leave this morning and saw his lunchbox hanging on the drawer knob in the kitchen. When they forget their lunches I usually wait until after 9 to take it to the school, so I am not in the crowd of people dropping kids off and kids in the office, etc. I got to the school at about 9:15 to drop off the lunch.

As I was pulling into the parking lot, I remembered today was his field trip. Yep, they had already left! I asked what they would do if he didn't have a lunch and if I should take it by the park. They called his teacher. He actually thought to tell her BEFORE they left that he forgot his lunch, so she got an extra bagged lunch from the office (the schools here will fix bagged lunches for field trips - probably because of the number of kids on free or reduced lunches).

This would be the day he forgets his lunch!

No comments: