Sunday, April 19, 2009

Mady Meets Her Brothers

Mom and Dad brought the boys up to meet their sister earlier today. It was really a good day for them to come up here because there were not too many people here. Monday (when I was supposed to be induced) there were SIXTEEN scheduled inductions coming in between 3-7 am. So glad Mady had other plans!

Anyway, so the boys came up. They were SO excited to meet her. There were lots of questions as to why she came early, how she got out of my stomach (a fairy came with a wand and said "Mady come out" and POOF here she is!), where my tummy went, etc.

I got comments from Caleb about how it was okay for me to go in public now because I don't have a big belly. He also said I was much prettier without the big belly (he has been on a roll lately...told Papa he was in his 60s, asked Mom why she had white hair, etc).

They all had lots of questions about everything in the room, how things are done, why I had to wear a hospital gown, etc. It was a bit crazy. But, they were all so sweet to Mady. They all wanted to touch her and kiss her and play with her. They were loving on her continuously.

The cutest, though, was Andrew. He walked in the room and saw Mady. He looked at her and I told him it was Mady. He looked at my stomach, then looked back at her and back at my stomach. Then he got a huge smile and went after her. He kept patting her and saying "baby" or "Mady" over and over. He could not get enough of her. He was rough with her, but in a trying-to-be-sweet kinda way! He did a great job for a wild two year old! But he seems SO big now!!

While they were excited and I was probably a little irritable (havent slept in two days AT ALL), all in all they were pretty good. They were not running the halls or anything! They were boys, but even the nurse commented on how well behaved they were.

I am very proud of my boys and how excited they are about their little sister. I will post pictures of them with her during their visit shortly.

No comments: