Sunday, April 19, 2009

At the Hospital.....Early

I am lying in a hospital bed....a little earlier than we anticipated, but this girl had plans of her own.

My water broke at about 11:30 last night. I had a few contractions, that were about three minutes apart, and after not hearing from the dr for a while decided to head to the hospital. Because this is the first time I have been home and gone into labor, I did not want to wait too long to go in. The only time I have gone into labor on my own was with Bryce, but I was already in the hospital. It was two hours first contraction to delivery with him....so I didn't want to take a chance.

On top of that, the weather is horrible. We were in the middle of heavy rain and very high winds. Didn't want to be deep in labor going through bad storms!

Paul was a little shocked when I told him my water had broke. Neither one of us really knew what to do, which is kind of sad since this is number 5 for us!

I am going to go rest between contractions. At four they will start giving me meds to move me along quicker.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I cant wait! I know pics will be soon to follow!