Thursday, April 02, 2009

Bad Idea

I knew that a fishtank on hardwood floors was not an idea I was excited about. I woke up this morning to WHY it is a bad idea.

Last night, Paul commented that a lot of water had disappeared from the tank. I said it was probably on the floor. That was the end of it.

This morning....at 5:30....he again commented that there was a lot of water missing from the tank. He actually looked underneath the tank this time. There was water in the bottom of the stand and ont he floor. The filter has been leaking.

He took out the filter, couldn't find anything wrong with it. He put it back and left for work. He did leave a towel around the filter, just in case.

An hour later I checked to see if it was leaking. The towel was beyond soaked and there was even more water on the floor than there was this morning. The filter is now leaking from all four sides instead of just one.

I got the filter unplugged and in a plastic tub (only weighs about 40 pounds). Got all the water I could off the floor. I am now waiting on Paul to return home (should be here any minute) from work.

All of this, AND it is standerdized testing week. I had to get healthy breakfasts fixed (couldn't skimp even in a time of emergency), three kids dressed and to school on time. Bryce was in SLOW MOTION this morning. He got on the bus with a mouth full of food. I don't usually allow the tv on before the kids leave.....AJ has been parked in front of it this morning to keep him out of fishtank stuff.

The floors.....well, they are ruined. I can't help Paul move the tank. I am not even sure if the two of us could move it without emptying the water out. 105 GALLONS is a lot of weight, then add on the thick glass and all the wood, etc.

Not shaping up to be the best day!

No comments: