Sunday, April 05, 2009

Kite Flying

We got some kites for the kids this morning and after doing the yardwork and the sun coming out, we decided to go fly them. It has been pretty windy all day, but while we were there it was not as constant as it could have been!

The boys picked out some pretty small kites and they did not fly all that great. Andrew got a big kite (because we figured Daddy would be flying it more than AJ). His kite did awesome. We are going to get some more before we go to the beach.

The older boys took a bit to get down the flying techniques. Since their kites were smaller, they really had to work at it. Andrew did awesome. He got to where he was making his take off on his own. There were several times though that he had let all the string out and the kite was as high as it would go, but he would lose the spool and the kite would take off. The first time I was the one with him. I am so thankful we were alone at the soccer fields, because seeing a nine month pregnant woman run.....NOT PRETTY!! And it really hurt too! But I caught the kite. The rest of the time Daddy was with him and after chasing it a few times (Andrew decided it was funny to see us run after it), he held the string and AJ held the spool!

The boys had a blast. I don't remember the last time we flew kites. Isaac and Bryce probably never have :(

I took lots of pictures, but I am hurting REALLY bad tonight and honestly don't have it in me to post them. I need to lay down on my side and can't easily do that and type. I have a feeling if the next two weeks go like the last two days, I will be living on the couch or bed!! I am very uncomfortable and having lots of pain!

No comments: