Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Baby Sister and Her Big Brothers

It was so great coming home last night. When I called and told Papa we were on our way he said he would get the kids to bed before we got there (it was close to bedtime). I told him they could stay up and we would put them to bed because I did not want all of the craziness that would come to come while they needed to be getting ready for school. He did not, however, tell them we were on our way home.

We opened the door and the boys all start jumping around excited. Everyone wanted to give us hugs, see Mady, ask questions, etc. I was glad I had them stay up. It was awesome seeing the boys with their sister. They are SO in love with her. We are seeing sides of the boys we rarely see. Such sweetness and gentleness. I guess it is not cool to be that way to your brothers!!

Caleb is continuously talking to Mady and rubbing her cheeks. He came in this morning and kissed her and said "hello my little sister, how are you this morning."

Isaac is being his normal sweet self. He wants to love on her and talk to her. Last night he just wanted to be near her. He was okay not to touch her or mess with her, but he wanted to sit near her.

Bryce is still trying to get over Mom and Dad being gone. Apparently it hit him hard Sunday night. He never cried or got overly upset, just quiet and withdrawn. I did notice Sunday when they came up to the hospital he stayed glued to my side. He did the same when I got home yesterday. He loves on Mady and talks to her and has been gentle with her. So far he has done great.

Andrew is still funny to watch with her. He REALLY wants to hold her (he hasn't gotten to yet). He goes about doing his normal thing and then he sees her and remembers about her. He calls her "Baby" all the time. He is trying to do the same things to her outside as he did when I was pregnant with her...like driving cars on her! All in all, he has done better than we thought he would do, both with accepting her and being somewhat gentle with her.

No comments: