Friday, January 09, 2009

SLEEP AT LAST (some anyway)

I don't like taking new medicines without Paul being home because I react strangely to most medicines. Medicines that should make me hyper knock me out, meds that should make me sleepy can make me hyper. So, when the dr prescribed Ambien I was going to wait to take it until Paul would be home in the morning (just in case it REALLY knocked me out). Then, I found out he did not get a day off for two weeks and, well, with possible sleep that close to me, I did not want to wait two weeks to try it.

Last night I took half of a pill. Kind of testing the waters! I went right to sleep (which is never a problem for me) at 7:30. I STAYED asleep until 1:30!! SIX STRAIGHT HOURS OF SLEEP!!!!! The rest of the night I was in and out, but I don't remember the last time I got six straight hours of sleep.

I haven't decided if I am going to attempt a whole pill tonight. Six hours with half a pill is pretty good, and I really don't like taking it while I am pregnant because there have not been any extensive studies on the effect of it on the baby. Guess we will see how the day goes.

No comments: