Monday, January 05, 2009

Not So Baby Anymore

Do you remember the day you looked at your "baby" and realized he was no longer a baby? I had that devestating epiphany moment today. Bryce and Andrew were in there room sounding very rough. I opened their door to see what they were doing. They scattered like roaches and Andrew gave the most I'm-not-too-innocent-but-that-is-okay-because-I-am-really-cute, VERY boy grin. It hit me like someone had punched me in the stomach.

Over the last couple of weeks he has started doing so many new things and talking and he really is little boy now :(

It makes me treasure the moments when he lays on my lap with his monkey and blankie and sucks his thumb (yes, I am the same Mom that just posted how she wanted to BREAK the thumb-sucking, as cute as it is).

He is so lovey too - and I treasure that as well. I KNOW it will probably end all too soon! He likes to give kisses. He will take our face in his cute little hands and turn your head so he can kiss your lips. SO SWEET!

Daddy says he is like a lap dog. When we are sitting, AJ wants to be in our lap. He is usually climbing up for a minute and then climbing down, which gets old after a bit, BUT... after my epiphany today, I welcome it!

My last little boy (along with his three older brothers) is growing up way too fast. I liked it better before I walked into that bedroom earlier. :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To think that your 'baby's' Mom will be 30 before summer gets here and her 'baby' brother will be 29...makes it really hard on G/ma. We won't even discuss how OLD your big brother and sister are!! Love you