Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bryce lost his first tooth yesterday morning. He and Andrew came in my room about 5:30 am. Shortly after, Bryce jumps up all excited and told me his tooth fell out. It was SO tiny! (Excuse the vitamin in his mouth. I didn't realize it was there.)
He was very excited to have the tooth fairy FINALLY come visit him. It has really been bothering him that he was the only one (out of the older three) that had NOT lost a tooth.

As if Bryce doesn't have enough to talk about. ALL we have heard about for the past two days is his tooth and the tooth fairy. The tooth fairy NEVER has cash on hand. Luckily, she has a box she throws change into and she had a dollar bill she had pulled out of the washer on the dryer for the past month. So she was able to come up with the money to buy the tooth! When will the tooth fairy learn and when will the kids start accepting credit cards (I am sure they would love to accept the credit card and not give it back).
I expected him in my room early this morning. Andrew came in about 6:15. I figured Bryce would have his ziploc bag full of change shortly behind him. After about 30 minutes and no Bryce I went to get kids up for school. Bryce was still in his room. He asked if the tooth fairy came (the tooth fairy doesn't get teeth under pillows in this house, we leave them in the kitchen for her. No need to take the chance of waking ANYONE). I told him I didn't know, I had not checked and asked why he had not checked. "I didn't want to scare off the tooth fairy if she was still in there."

DANG IT - is it possible for him to lose a tooth every night? It might be worth it if it keeps him from coming to my room at the crack of dawn!

No comments: