Tuesday, January 06, 2009

24 Weeks

I just got back from my drs appt. It was very quick this time (thank goodness because it was a later appt than I usually go for and I was hoping I would make it home before the buses). Her heart rate was around 150 bpm. Everything seems great. I asked about how low she was staying. The dr says it is to be expected because this is my fifth child and that is probably where she would stay. The more kids you have yada yada yada....

I asked about when I could schedule an induction (which we had already discussed). I explained that I needed to get plane tickets so my parents could come stay with the boys while I was in the hospital. She had no problem scheduling it now, although she normally does it around 30 weeks. But she understood the problem. SO.....assuming she does not come early on her own, Mady's birthday will be April 20. The dr said she would be surprised if I made it until then though. I told her that us scheduling it and buying the plane tickets were a sure fire way of making her come on her own early.

She also gave me a prescription for Ambien to see if that will help me get some sleep. When I was asking about how low Mady was she said I would probably start feeling lots of pressure and pains in my stomach and back. I told her I already was and it was causing me to have a hard time sleeping. I did not pick it up yet, so I guess I will try it tomorrow night.

I start going every two weeks now. I didn't think anything about it at the time, but after I left I realized that I have never started going every two weeks before 30 weeks. Kinda makes me wonder exactly how soon she thinks this girl is coming! She did not say anything to make me concerned, but I wish I could have asked why already or it that was normal. When I go in two weeks I get to take the LOVELY (insert gagging face here) glucose test!

The drs office is at the hospital. So, you park in Timbuktu and hike to the office. We got down stairs to leave and it was POURING! Not only was it pouring but we have been having wind gusts up to 35 mph today. I took Andrew out of his stroller and folded it up (these are the times I LOVE his stroller that folds in thirds and had a backpack strap). On the remote on my car if you hold down one of the buttons (I think unlock) it puts all the side windows down. I thought I was holding down the button that opens the back door. I got AJ in the car and the stroller in the back. As I was going to get in my door I noticed all the windows down. It was POURING into the car! I was soaked, the inside of the car was soaked but AJ was dry and getting into everything (I did not buckle him in yet).

No comments: