Sunday, January 11, 2009

OUCH!!!

Someone likes to turn on the light in my china cabinet. Last night, as I was getting ready for bed, I saw it was on and went to turn it off. I forgot on my way out of the dining room that Daddy had taken the tv out of Bryce and Andrew's room Friday night because they would not leave it off at bedtime.

The dining room was dark. I remembered about the tv, as I was tripping over it. I took a pretty nasty fall. We have huge columns in the kitchen/living/dining area to kind of seperate the open space. As I fell I hit the corner of the column.

I was already hurting yesterday, just baby pains. The aftermath of the fall....the top of one foot is bruised up (where I hit and knocked over the tv), I skinned both knees, bruised my rib, scraped the lower half of one arm, and completely scraped the inside of the top of the other arm, which is now black.

Luckily, I hit the column. The force of hitting the column turned me enough to the side as I fell so I did not fall directly on my stomach. Between my bruised ribs and the jolt my side and back are REALLY hurting today.

The baby is still moving around and all seems to be safe with her. I opted NOT to take my Ambien last night so I could be functioning enough to try and pay attention to the baby. So, between the neighbors dog barking (full moon or close to it), all of my bruises and the fact that I am just generally uncomfortable, I got NO sleep last night.

Daddy won't let me walk in the dark anymore. I knew the tv was there, but it isnt something that is NORMALLY there so I just wasn't thinking about it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad the baby is okay though I wish you didn't get hurt too. I'm sure that your fall was painful and scary!

You'll have to put up pictures of your fence when you're feeling better.