Thursday, March 20, 2008

THE Talk

Last weekend, as soon as Paul got into the car from the airport, Caleb says "Daddy what is sex?"

I told him they could talk later, now was not the time.

The next morning, Caleb comes in to our room first thing in the morning, "Daddy what is sex?"

Daddy never "got around" to having THE talk last weekend (we really were busy, but...). He said he would do it this weekend.

Well, that turned out to be TOO LATE!

I went to pick the boys up a few minutes early so we could make it to Isaac's dr appointment on time. Caleb's teacher came out before Caleb did. As soon as I saw her headed my way, I wanted to turn and run!

She came over, put a book up to hide what she was saying from the other boys (THANK YOU FOR THAT BY THE WAY) and said, "You know Caleb has been going through a real girl crazy stage, right?

"Yes, ma'am"

"Well, today he was talking to another boy and said that they should go have sex with some girls. I could tell he did not know what sex was, and told him he should not be talking about that. People get really squirmy with things like that! If you would just let him know that he can't talk about that at school, I would really appreciate it."

(This is past the point where I want to disappear)

I told her that that is a talk that I want Daddy to have with him, that he had asked us what it is, and that Daddy has been out of town and has not gotten to talk to him about it. AND APOLOGIZED, of course.

Daddy will have a "talking too" tonight and he WILL have THE talk first thing this weekend! :)

ONE OF THE MANY JOYS OF HAVING BOYS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GODNESS! Already....I guess I need to give up the dream that my children are not old enough. :) Dang, this is going by too quickly.
Em