Monday, March 24, 2008

I Love It!!!

Caleb and Bryce have the same personality. They can get along the best and the worst. While they have the same personality they are still very different.

I have been very excited to see how close Isaac and Andrew have gotten. Andrew lights up when he sees Isaac. Don't get me wrong, he loves all of his brothers, is entertained by all of his brothers, and enjoys playing with all of his brothers, but Isaac and Andrew have a connection like Caleb and Bryce do. Isaac can look at Andrew and smile and Andrew will start giggling. If I am carrying Andrew and Isaac is behind me, Andrew will try throwing himself out of my arms to see and laugh at Isaac. The laughing and happiness between them is contagious.

Isaac is not allowed to come home from school and immediately start homework. He doesn't often get to, because I have to help him and things are a little crazy when we first get home. Last week, though, I tried to get Isaac to work on some homework he could do by himself. Andrew would not let him! He would come up and take the homework and try to tear it up! Isaac kept moving, Andrew would follow - squealing and hollering at him. I told Isaac to go play with Andrew for a little while so he would allow Isaac to do his work. He did, and Andrew FINALLY allowed him to complete his homework!

I am glad to see the boys getting along and becoming friends. I know they will fight - and I can imagine the fights will get worse and more physical as they get older. But, I remember how my siblings and I were, and we get along well now, so....there is hope! I have no doubt that as they grow they will become even better friends. I am sure they will help each other out of trouble, cover for each other, etc. It is neat to see the relationships developing though!

No comments: