Monday, March 03, 2008

Crib to Bed Transition

Andrew is doing surprisingly well at his transition from his crib to a toddler bed. I was really wondering how it would go, since he is so young! Yesterday, at nap, was the first time he would not stay in bed when he was laid down. There was a lot going on in and outside of the house though.

Thursday night - first night in bed, he slept in OUR bed after falling out of his bed at about 10:30pm and scaring himself. I promised myself we WOULD NOT start that though!

Friday night - he slept in his bed until about 3:30am. I heard him over the monitor and went to check on him. He was up playing. There is a street light outside his window and so it is bright without a nightlight! I was up with him until 5 trying to get him to go back to sleep. He was REALLY ready to be up and playing (so he thought). I finally got him to go back to sleep in HIS bed.

Saturday night - he slept in his bed all night. I think Daddy took him a bottle in the middle of the night (or early morning) but he went back to sleep in his own bed.

Sunday night - he went to bed without a bottle because he fell asleep on our walk. He woke up in the middle of the night, I went in to check on him and he was sitting on his knees at the foot of the bed. He greeted me with a big smile, laid back down on his pillow and took his bottle.

He has gotten good at staying in the bed - not falling out while he is sleeping. He is transitioning great - and HOPEFULLY he will keep it up!

No comments: