Monday, March 03, 2008

Bryce Gets Run Over by a Jeep

Okay - it was ONLY his hand! And it was the Power wheels Jeep.

Bryce found out last night that he is NOT invincible and that sometimes Mom and Dad DO know best! We went for a "walk" last night. Actually, only Daddy and I walked - Caleb took his scooter, Isaac and Bryce were in the Jeep power wheels and Andrew was sleeping in the bike trailer (also turns into a BIG stroller).

Bryce kept sticking his hands on the tires and street while the Jeep was going. We kept telling him to stop before he got hurt, and as normal, he kept ignoring us. We were almost home when he did it one time too many. I don't know where he put his hand, exactly, but the Jeep ran over it. As you can see from the pictures, his hand is pretty torn up! If the pics are not nasty enough small, double click them and see it big. It is pretty nasty!

He is VERY embarrassed this morning. Anytime we have gone anywhere today he has hidden his finger. I finally asked why he was hiding his finger and he said people will laugh at him. Then, a little while ago when I took off the bandages and took the pictures, he told me "it sure was dumb putting my hand on the wheel!" I asked him if he was going to do it agian, and he quickly responded "NO THANKS!!"

I think he MAY have learned his lesson! At least until the battle scars heal - then I am sure he will be 10 feet tall and bullet proof again!




No comments: