Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Antihistamines

These antihistamines that the dr gave us for AJ...

I had my doubts about whether or not these would make him hungrier. He has always eaten food well, it is the bottles...

I am a BELIEVER now!

This afternoon I gave him his first dose. Within a couple of hours he was screaming. I let him have some snacks while I was fixing dinner - so he would quit screaming. I hate doing this because I want him to EAT DINNER!

So, here is how tonights dinner went.

Andrew starts snacking before dinner.

I get the boys plates on the table along with their drinks.

I put Monkeys spagetti on his monkey plate. I put a LOT more than normal, because he was acting so hungry. So, I made a plate full of spagetti. I start chopping up the noodles for him. He starts screaming!

I take his plate to the table, I will feed him while I chop up the noodles. Guess again. He barely gives me a chance to put more food on the spoon for him. I finally get as much spagetti as he normally eats cut up, put a big mouthful in his mouth and run to fix my plate. I barely get my plate in my hand and he is screaming for more food. I throw some food and run back.

There was really no point in me getting my food - I could barely get a bite in. He QUICKLY went thrugh his normal amount of food. I was back to chopping noodles.

So, his dinner - TWO PLATES OF SPAGETTI!!! He ate more than I did! He ate more than Caleb (Caleb typically eats more than I do). I ran out of spagetti so I gave him a piece of bread (which he ate all of). Then I offered him some ice cream (it was Rice Dream - so lactose free). He ate a LOT of ice cream. I quit feeding him because his tummy was getting hard and I was afraid he was going to burst (although the GI dr says not to stop feeding him - to keep giving it to him as long as he will eat it). He took a bottle about 45 minutes after he finished eating all of that - 6 ounces, drank it all!

He also took ALL FOUR offered bottles today and drank them dry!

Apparently - IT WORKS!

I thought I had grocery shopped for the week - I might need to go back for some AJ - safe food!

No comments: