Monday, August 13, 2007

Under Construction: The (Un)man Cave

I told Paul that since I would never have a little girl to decorate a room for - I still want a girlie room and I would just have to do it for myself! Instead of making him sleep in a girlie room - I decided to do our bathroom (which is where I escape to when I need to relax. I am naming it the (un)man cave (you notice how there is always a man cave but never a woman cave!). I told Paul he could have as much say with decorating the rest of the house as he wants, but I want one room that I can do WHATEVER I want with!

His "man cave" is the garage. He was quick to point out that his man cave must be hell (it has been over 100 degrees out and the garage doesn't get much air movement!). Truely though, I have tried not to make any decorating to girlie. The kitchen is done in teapots, but when do I get to relax in the kitchen? Even this blog is as ungirlie as it gets, but it is all about boys!

So, the bathroom is still under construction, but here are some photos of what I have done so far. I think I am even going to go as far as to use boas for the glass block window (use them like curtains to frame the top and sides of the window). Paul says it even smells girlie (might be the potpourri that I hid!). It is a safe bet that the few times the boys have gotten to use my bathtub - they can forget it now!



No comments: