Monday, August 20, 2007

One down, two to go...

FIRST DAY OF THIRD GRADE!

I took Caleb to school this morning for the first day of third grade!! I have heard third grade is the hardest, so I can only imagine how third grade in G/T will be. We have not sat down and discussed with Caleb that he is in a "special" class. I don't want him to take the attitude that the class is to hard because it is going to be more challanging than the other third grade classes. I also don't want him to get a big-head about being in a "smart-class".

The teacher, at open-house, kept talking about "Carnation-station" and needing parent volunteers. I finally asked her what carnation-station was and kind of laughed when she told me. Carnation-station is in February the kids sell carnations and on Valentine's day they are delivered to whoever they are bought for.

This is actually an economic project for them. They will have to keep up with how many flowers they sell, how much money they make, etc. Then they have to do charts and graphs with the information.

It is my understanding he will also HAVE to do a science fair project - for a test grade!! I already warned Paul about it, and he isn't too excited about it. Caleb, however LOVES science. One of the things he is most excited about this year is the fact that he has Science (and the fact that they have several class pets - that come home with the kids, but I am sure we wouldn't notice one more animal!!).

I think this may actually be a challanging year for him!!

No comments: