Friday, August 24, 2007

Enjoying Quiet

Paul took Bryce kayaking this morning. I am here alone with Andrew, enjoying SOME quiet. Andrew has not gone back down for a nap yet, but he will be soon. While Andrew is talking (screaming playfully), it is a MUCH quieter talk than Bryce does.

I called Paul to tell him that AJ was going to the dr in a little while and he said that Bryce wanted to tell me that a hot-air balloon came and visited them. I asked if they saw one and he said yes, that one had gone right over them and then landed. He was also talking about all of the fish that were jumping out of the water.

Bryce is in the boys kayak and Paul is pulling him. Paul said he tryed to paddle once and dropped the paddle and scared himself, so now he won't even try! They are having fun though and it is a great bonding time, which they don't get a lot of!!

We had lots of whining - from Caleb - about he wanted to go kayaking. I told him he had to go to school! I also told him kayaking is something that had to be earned, and with the way he acted at school AND at home - he did not deserve something fun like kayaking!

No comments: