Thursday, August 23, 2007

"Sorry Mom!"

Lately, we (especially Paul - my PROTECTOR!! :-))have been getting on to Bryce for speaking disrespectfully to me. Earlier this week, I am not even sure what he said, but he was not mean about it - just spoke loud. Before I even had a chance to ask him what he said he says "I'm sorry Mommy!" I was confused and asked what he was sorry for. "I am sorry for being dispreprectable!" (If you can't translate - that is disrespectful). "Was that an accident Mom?" Again, confused by his saying he was 'dispreprectable' and him asking if it was an accident, I sat down and asked him what he was talking about. "I was dispreprectable and talked too loud to you. Was that an accident?" "Did you mean to speak loud to me?" "No it just came out loud!" he said. "Then it was an accident and thank you for apologizing!"

I am VERY impressed that he realized he was loud and apologized without any saying anything to him. I am so used to him being loud all the time, his loud is not even loud to me anymore. It is funny because someone will see Andrew in his seat when we are out and apologize for being loud (even when he is awake). I always have to point out that he has three older brothers and there is not much that is louder than them - even when he is sleeping!

No comments: