Thursday, August 16, 2007

Another Zantac Update

I know this is a long post, but I start ranting at the end - SORRY!
The Zantac seems to help, but is not doing away with the problem! Andrew had peaches at breakfast and applesauce at dinner (I probably should not have done that - but I wasn't thinking!). He did fine, no tummy problems (or any others)like he had last time, all day. With dinner I also made some cereal (which I guess I chose the wrong kid NOT to feed cereal too - so he is on it now!) with FORMULA!! He did not care for his dinner much! He loved the applesauce, but Mean Mom was mixing in cereal made with nasty formula with his sweet, tasty, LOVED applesauce! He also had some green beans, which he hasn't had in a while - doesn't really care for them anymore!

But, I digress! He did pretty good most of the day until last night. He started throwing up again. I can tell when he is nearing time for the next dose, because it gets worse. I know it is helping, because he had no problems with the fruit, but it still seems to be too much.

Paul and I got into a little arguement last night because he thinks Drs are ALWAYS wrong. I finally told him to go to med school. I figure since ALL drs are so stupid, and he knows EVERYTHING, he should get through school pretty quick and start making some GOOD money! He says drs aren't any smarter than anyone else (how long do they go to school for?). What makes me so mad about it though, is he is argueing with what I am telling the dr.

He doesn't doubt that he has acid reflux, but he says he is not "spitting up" enough to make him not gain weight. I say he is "throwing up" WAY too much. If I am going through more than one burp cloth - per feeding, and that does not count what is not making it into the burp cloth - I think he is throwing up too much. There are times when AJ and I BOTH go through several shirts per feeding (on top of several burp clothes) because he is just soaking me.

So, I asked him if he thought I wasn't producing enough milk. He says he thinks I am supplying plenty of milk. THAN WHAT IS THE REASON HE ISN'T GAINING WEIGHT? Paul says he isn't getting fatter because he is getting longer. Which he is. He got two inches longer in two months. I AM NOT TRYING TO MAKE HIM FATTER! I just want him to gain weight like he should be.

Paul got on the scale last night by himself and then got on the scale with Andrew. Our OLD scale said AJ weighed...well I say 13, Paul says 13 1/2. Either way, I think the drs scale would be more accurate and definently easier to read. He has been weighed on the same scale everytime we have been there (which the dr said to make sure when we come in a month - they use the same scale again).

Me, I am going to go with what the dr says. I love my husband and I trust him - but until he has that medical degree in his hand... Regardless of if he is fat or long, he should still be gaining weight. He went from being at 50% to 10% in two months (while all other measurements went UP or stayed the same)and that concerns me a little! I was concerned with his weight BEFORE we even went to the dr - that is why I started feeding him food early!

This is just going to have to be one arguement that MOM'S INTUITION wins on!!!

No comments: