Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Mr. Independence, cont

I took the rest of Isaac's supplies to his class when I picked up Caleb. I decided that if Isaac doesn't want me to walk him to class, I am not going to. I don't want to interfere with his independence or make him think he needs me to stay because other parents are their. He asked for Caleb to walk him in, so I will let Caleb walk him in (even if it breaks my heart - insert a bucket of tears here).

When I told Caleb that Isaac wanted him to walk him to his class, Caleb rolled his eyes - a forced roll! He trys not to show it, but I think he is excited about Isaac being there. He has made many comments about how he will be there if Isaac needs him. I told Caleb where Isaac's class was at and Caleb said he could handle it.

My boys are growing up so fast!! It might be harder than I thought to drop them off at the curb tomorrow! Even though Isaac was at school all day every day last year - it wasn't SCHOOL!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! That's a far cry from where their Mom was at this stage. Seems somebody's Grandma had to stay at school for two days before their Mom was able to stay alone.

Way to go big boys!! Have fun at school. Love, Grandma