Tuesday, August 07, 2007

SCHOOL, SCHOOL, SCHOOL!!

I spent the morning trying to get kids ready for school to start. I thought I should call and make sure that Caleb's file got transferred to the new school. I would HATE to drop him off at school on the first day and him not have a class to go too!

I was told at the beginning of the summer that they could just transfer Caleb's file to the new school and get the necessary address proof from Isaac's registration. I discussed this with the woman this morning. She said that was fine, but I needed to come in and get a enrollment form. I load up all four kids, go to the school and talk to the same lady. She asked for Caleb's name and looked it up. She said his name was already in the computer (DUH! I already talked to them at the beginning of the summer!) so I didn't need to do anything!

THANKS FOR THAT!!! Glad I had just loaded all the kids up and gone up there!

I did FINALLY find out about his G/T test. We never got a letter with his results and his new school kept telling me to call his old school. Old school won't answer their phone. I ACCIDENTLY found the name and number of the woman in charge of the program and called her.

He WAS placed in G/T. She WAS NOT notified that he had transferred though. Glad I called and didn't wait to hear from the new school! This means I already know what class he is in though, because there is only on G/T class for his grade (not that I know who she is - but I have her name!)

And so begins another year of school!

No comments: