Saturday, August 18, 2007

Poison Ivy

I am slowly getting poison ivy as bad as I had it when I had to deliver Andrew early because of it! I seem to break out for a couple of weeks after I am exposed to poison ivy. It is miserable! The dr called in the same steroids I took last time and the same cream I used last time. I am conflicted about the steroids though!

I don't want to end up in the hospital with an IV again, but I don't want Andrew on steroids - hey maybe it will help him with his weight!! I can't pump and dump for a week though because ANDREW WON'T TAKE FORMULA!! I would assume that since they said it was okay for me breastfeed on all of the steroids I was on right after he was born, he would be okay now since he is older and bigger, but I just hate taking meds when I am breastfeeding! If I end up in the hospital, though, I will have the same dilemma, except he would have to come get exposed to germs just to eat!

It just hit me that maybe the steroids I was taking when he was born could be the reason a heart murmur was not heard when he was born, then was a couple of days later, and then wasn't a week later! I don't know if that could be, but when the pharmacist said it could mess with his heart rate, it got me thinking!

I guess I need to end this before I end up with hives, so I will take the medicine when I go to bed, after I feed him, so that he won't get AS much, hopefully! So, I guess I will get lots of cleaning done, if the steroids don't make me eat all night!

No comments: