Thursday, August 16, 2007

AGAIN...and AGAIN...

It is official! I am no longer allowed in my backyard OR allowed to as much as TOUCH (maybe even look at) our dogs. I have poison ivy AGAIN!! I don't know HOW Andrew has not gotten it. HOPEFULLY, as much as I have had it and the fact that AJ has not broken out (YET) means that he will be immune!! However - I know it gets worse each time you get it! I am calling my dermatologist today to see if I can get a steroid pack without seeing him. It is not near as severe as when I was pregnant, and this is actually the third time I have broken out with it since I had Andrew!

We FINALLY figured out yesterday that I am getting it from the dogs (or pretty sure I am). Saturday night we sat outside in the backyard - we ate dinner out there, the boys played in the sprinklers and I PLAYED WITH THE DOGS! The trees that were covered in poison ivy were cut down, but they ground up the stumps and filled the holes with the wood chips. I did not even think to ask them to just leave a hole, so now the stumps that were covered in poison ivy are chips that are covered in poison ivy. Guess where the dogs lay during the hot part of the day. Guess where teh dogs dig when they feel the need to dig. THAT IS RIGHT!! THE WOOD CHIPS!!!

SO>>>the solution. We are either going to put a rock garden out there (thanks for the idea Mom), if I can find one in these books we have that will look good out there, or Paul has been wanting to put in a pond... If we do the rock garden, we can lay down weed-shield fabric and cover it with rock. If we do the pond PAUL will have to dig up ALL of the POISON IVY!

Either way, until it happens - Mommy stays INSIDE and DOESN'T play with cute little doggies!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dad wasn't allergic to poison ivy. I'm not sure if I am or not, but I've never gotten it. Hopefully Andrew won't be allergic too. I'm sorry you have it again. I love you guys and really miss you. Lindsay