Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Mommy's Little SLUG

I call Andrew my Little Slug (not Slugger - Slug). Because of all the throwing up he does, and to utilize all of the bed and do less laundry, AJ sleeps at the "head" of his bed one or two times and then the "foot" of his bed one or two times before we change the sheets (Remember he is still sleeping the majority of the day - so I would end up changing sheets 5 to 10 times A DAY!! And I layer the sheets and waterproof pads several deep so all I have to do is pull off the top sheet and pad). I used to put down a receiving blanket for him to sleep on because that was easier to change than his sheet, but he had decided to start sleeping in the corners of his bed instead of the comfortable, airy middle of the bed.

The nickname came because I would put him to bed in the middle of the crib. He rolls over (if I don't put him down on his stomach) and "crawls" to the corner of the bed (never the same corner) and falls asleep. Slug came from the wet trail that started where I laid him down and ends where he laid himself down. It looks like a slug has been making a trial (lovely picture I am painting - huh?). Here are some pictures I took earlier. This is the same naptime, but when I iniatially moved him OUT of the corner I took off his overalls to try and make him more comfortable!

I don't know if you can see him, but he is sucking his thumb and his face is against the bars of the crib.


Check out the hairdo after I moved him out of the corner of the crib. He thinks it is pretty funny!


After we take off our overalls and go back down we try out a different corner at the "foot" of his bed.


There is that hand again! When I got him up yesterday morning his hand was sticking straight out of the bars and was ICE COLD!!

No comments: