Friday, August 24, 2007

Second Day of Kindergarten

Second day seemed to go better than the first. Isaac asked me to walk him in (we will ignore the fact that it was ONLY so I could help him find his lunchbox!!), I was so excited. He informed me, though, that it was only today - after today Caleb is to take him!

So we found the prized racecar lunchbox as soon as we walked in the building. Someone had hung it on a rack at the front door. We switched out yesterdays lunch and put todays in it. I still did not even get a hug or a kiss. Just a "bye" - that is what I get for finding the missing lunchbox!

When I picked him up he was drinking his drink from lunch. I asked if he ate his lunch and he said he didn't eat. I asked why and just kept getting "because" from him. When we got home and things calmed down a little I took him in the room and asked him again. I asked if he forgot to take his lunchbox and he said yes. I asked what he did the whole time. "I drank my chocolate milk!" "CHOCOLATE MILK? I DID'T SEND YOU CHOCOLATE MILK! WHAT DID YOU EAT?" With a mischievious, yet confused and innocent voice I get "pizza, vegetables and cookies. I ate all my vegetables though!"

The boy CHARGED his lunch!! The school let him! I guess I have to go in and tell them that he is under no circumstance allowed to charge his lunch!

I am not feeling as though he is being helped out much! This is the SECOND day of school and he is a kindergartener! You would think they would take a little more time to help these poor kids out! I can't believe they allowed him to leave his lunchbox out on the playground, much less NOT let him go get it when he tells her about it. Then they let him CHARGE his lunch when he took a lunch!

This might be a LONG year for us!

No comments: