Friday, May 25, 2007

A Day In the Life...

Here is what our schedule has become (on a GOOD day):
1:30 AM Andrew wakes up to eat and goes back to sleep in his bed.
2:30 Andrew (lately) has been gettin up fussy. I put him in the swing with his womb sounds and pacifier and he goes back to sleep.
5:30 Andrew is up to eat. He goes back to sleep in either our bed or his bed (I know the alarm is about to go off and I want the extra few minutes of sleep!! I am sure it does a lot to help me!)
6:30 We get up and get the kids up and ready for school.
7:15 Andrew wakes up, diaper change, bathe and dress.
7:30 If Paul is in town he leaves to take Caleb to school and go to work. If he is not, I am leaving to take Caleb and Isaac to school.
7:45 I leave if I am just taking Isaac to school.
8:15 I get back home and get laundry, etc started and Bryce a drink.
9:00 Andrew goes back to sleep
I frantically try to do housework and play with Bryce while all is "quiet"!
10:30 Fix lunch for Bryce and cook dinner (if it is something that will refrigerate and reheat easily and still taste good!)
11:00 Read Bryce naptime story - TWICE (he always wants the same book read twice before nap)
11:15 I eat lunch and feed Andrew
11:45 Andrew goes back to sleep and I sit and relax until Bryce gets up
Whenever Bryce gets up we play until...
2:15 Feed Andrew
3:00 Pick up Isaac and Caleb from school
3:30-3:45 depending on traffic - we get back home. I straighten the house up, play with the kids and try to get dinner going (if it is not made already). Andrew usually stays awake for a good period about this time.
5:30 Feed Andrew, Daddy gets home
6:00 Dinner
7:30 Feed Andrew
8:00 start getting kids ready for bed
8:30-9:00 kids in bed - including Andrew
Around 10 - get Andrew up and top him off before I go to bed
1:30am - it all starts over!!

This is assuming we are home and not running errands and it is still pretty generic, but you get the idea of how things are! I try to get all of the errands done while we are out taking kids to school. At least we have gotten somewhat of a routine going, and Andrew is going longer between feedings now. We are DEFINENTLY getting more sleep!!

Bryce is doing MUCH better during the day, for the most part. He still has break-downs every now and then, but his bad part of the day is when we leave to pick up his brothers from school - until bedtime! Obviously, he is doing better during the day because he has a lot of alone time with me - for a couple of more weeks, than his brothers are out of school!

We will see how well this stays the same over the summer with all four kids home all day! I think I need a nap now! :-)

No comments: