Monday, July 23, 2007

Thumb - Sucker

I have never had a thumb-sucker - but I do now! I would rather AJ suck on a pacifier than his thumb because I can get rid of a pacifier - his thumb...not so easy to get rid of!

There has been one or two times when he has sucked his thumb, but usually it is his whole fist. Well, this morning he found his thumb! He has been sucking it all morning. I keep taking it out and trying to put in the pacifier instead. HE WANTS HIS THUMB!

As if it is not bad enough that he is insisting on sucking his thumb right now - I went to try to clip his nails earlier (which we have to do at least a couple of times a week since he likes to scratch himself - and everyone else). I did hid left hand with no problems. When I went to do his right, he didn't really want me to disrupt his thumb sucking! I tried to put his left thumb in his mouth, but I guess it tastes different - because he only wanted to suck on his right! I hate clipping his nails enough (I don't want to cut off a finger, but I guess that would do away with the thumb-sucking!) without having to try and do it with one of his fingers in his mouth!

Hopefully this will be short-lived.

No comments: