Friday, July 20, 2007

A Pro From the Beginning

That is what is left after your first sitting feeding Andrew food!
HE ATE IT ALL!

Paul gave Andrew a little piece of brownie this evening. Instead of spitting it out, Andrew shoved his fist in his mouth and smiled while he sucked away!! We are guessing he did not want the brownie escaping his slobbery pit! So I decided to get him a jar of baby food and see what he would do. I know he is not 4 months yet - but he is pretty close.

So we decided to try some carrots first. I got the video camera out and had Paul recording him eating for the first time he ate foods. It has got to be the most boring video - I told Paul to turn it off. The child did not make any funny faces, did not spit the spoon out, nothing that most babies do the first time they try food.

I poured a little bit into a bowl, not thinking he would eat much. I had to keep adding to the bowl. When he hit half-way through the jar, I went to ask Paul if I should stop because he was still going to town on it. AJ STARTED SCREAMING when I walked off. I came back and he had his mouth open. He ate the entire thing. We will see how that ends tomorrow (hopefully).

So, after he eats the whole thing of carrots and I finish cleaning him up, he starts trying to nurse!! Seriously, he could not be hungry. I nursed him a little, but made him stop because I think it is quite possible that he may explode!

He is EXTREMELY happy now. Especially after he gave Caleb a kiss (before I washed his face off!) Caleb - didn't think it was too funny!!

Enjoy some pics:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay so I should have read further!