Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Law School

Last week on our way to Petit Jean I had Caleb, Isaac and Andrew with me (thinking it would be quieter if Bryce was with Daddy!). Caleb saw a cow crossing sign and asked if he would learn signs in law school. I told him in law school you learn laws. So, I will start making laws?

No, you will learn the laws that exist. I asked him if he was planning on going to law school. He said he thought he had too. I told him he didn't have to unless he was going to be an attorney. He said he didn't want to be an attorney, but he thought he HAD to go to law school. I asked why he thought he had to go and he said because Aunt Lindsay went. I explained that Aunt Lindsay went because she is an attorney. He again said that he did not want to be an attorney. So, I told him he just needed to go to college.

This conversation about whether or not he HAD to go to law school lasted over 30 minutes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He probably thought that you HAVE to go to law school because it seems like such a miserable experience -- why would anyone do it voluntarily? If I ever figure that out, I'll let you know! Lindsay