Wednesday, August 09, 2006

YEA!!!!

BRYCE ATE ALL OF HIS VEGETABLES LAST NIGHT!!!

I made chicken tenders, which is a favorite to Daddy and the boys. I don't make it very often because it is VERY messy!! I made green beans, mashed potatoes and mac and cheese. Paul was unhappy because usually it is mashed potatos, gravy and creamed peas, but we did not have gravy or peas!

Anyway, so Bryce was being bad and time out was not working. I told him since he could not behave he was going to have green beans only for dinner. He crossed his arms in a very dramatic way that he does it and made a dirty look he has mastered at me and said "so I like green beans they are yummy!!"

By the time dinner was ready, he was being good, but I still told him he had to eat the green beans before he got anything else - including a drink! When he saw the green beans he was not very happy. I asked him if he wanted me to mix the green beans in with mashed potatoes. He said yes, so I did. HE ATE THEM ALL!! So he got green beans AND mashed potatoes (which he usually only really likes with gravy).

We clapped and hooted and hollared and made a huge deal out of it. Bryce was so proud of himself and loved the attention - hopefully he will love it so much he will want it tonight when I make him eat veggies!!

He got a small drink half way through the vegetables, and then when he was done eating them he got his chicken and some mac and cheese. When we were cleaning Paul asked if anyone wanted more mac and cheese and even though he had not eaten all of what he already had, Bryce said he did. This is what he got:

And he ate a good chunk of it before we told him he was done (we were trying to clean and he was the only one still eating).

No comments: