Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Greetings From Jackson Mississippi

Well, we decided to take a last minute trip with Daddy. He came home from work and told us he had to go to Mississippi today and would be back tomorrow and asked if we wanted to join him. Since the boys have not seen Daddy much this summer, I decided to let them miss the 2 days of school (yes, I know it is the first week, but what ya gonna do?) and join him on a road trip. It is not often that we can pack up and go with him so it is a definite treat for the boys.

It is about a 4-5 hour trip one way and not a great sign of things to come next week when we make the 13 hour trip to Colorado. Let me say that we will definently have to buy a new game boy game and Leapster game or video before we go - not to mention taking some movies for the drive!! At least this time we are splitting the trip and actually stopping for the night at a hotel! That is the bonus of Daddy traveling so much - we have LOTS of free hotel nights!

So some funny things that happened on the drive here:
1st - the boys loved all of the crop dusting they got to see. The part of Arkansas between Little Rock and Louisiana is all crops and there were planes everywhere!

2nd - Isaac kept asking "When are we going to be a Miss. Issippi's house?" I guess he thought Mississippi was a womans name not a state - even though we kept trying to explain it. So Holiday Inn is Miss. Issippi's house I guess.

3rd - There seemed to be train tracks the entire way here. Bryce kept telling us that he was going to grow up and be a train (not the driver - the train) so that he could be on the tracks.

Then he told us that when he grew up he was going to the city (I guess we don't live in a city).

"What are you going to do in the city?" Daddy asked.

"Open the door." he replied proudly.

"So does that mean you will have the keys to the city?" I asked

"Yes, the workers will give them to me."

Oh to have the imagination of a two year old again!!!!


Paul just called to inform me that he found a Bass Pro Shop about a block from here. I guess tomorrow we are off to explore that - which is fine with me. The unspoken agreement is that if I suffer through Bass Pro he has to suffer through whatever store I want to visit!!!!

No comments: