Monday, August 21, 2006

PEOPLE DRIVE ME CRAZY SOMETIMES!!

If you know me, I am a people person (usually). I love to be around people and being social. Not the last couple of days. If you read my last post you already heard about this mornings annoyance. Well, yesterday I had a horrible shopping day (not to top last weeks though which I will get into in a minute).

Yesterday we had to go to Target to return some shirts. We went back to camping supplies to see what they had and since it is almost fall, they have quite a bit on clearance. We found an endcap that had Eddie Bauerer tents clearanced. There is a big sign above the tents that said they were clearanced and $35. We got to looking at them and they were $130 and $180 tents so we got one. The one we got was the $180 one that was a three in one. You could use it as a canopy, a screened canopy or a tent.

So we get up front to check out and it rang up $124. Paul and I told the cashier that it was on an endcap with a sign that said $35 and that the entire endcap were these tents. She called some lady (in charge of the cashiers I guess) over. The lady comes over and says "WHAT!" Not hello how are you, but WHAT? We explained what was going on and she says "Well, it is probably the only one over there and it is not $35." I again told her it was an entire endcap adn offered to show it to her. "I am quite aware of where they are at!" she snapped at me.

Now, whatever happened to some decent customer service?? By this time I was not very happy with the way she was acting! We waited about 10 minutes for her to go find them. She came back and this is the conversation we had:

Rude lady: "That tent is $124 and I won't give it to you for $35. The sleeping bags were $35."

Paul: "There were no sleeping bags on that endcap. It was all tents."

RL: "Well I guess it was for something that was there before."

Me: "Well it is ya'lls responsibility to make sure the prices are right."

RL: "Well, I don't know about that!"

Me: "Are you saying it is the customers responsibility to make sure your items are priced right?"

RL: "Are you going to buy this tent or not?"

Me: "No, and I guess if the items in the store cannot be priced right than I will no longer be buying anything here!"

I did get the shirts I had gone to get with the gift card. I will not be going back to that store if I can at all help it! We will be getting one here in town soon. As a person that did customer service for more than 6 years - she was wrong from the time she walked up to us. If she had come up and been polite and gone and looked at what we were saying and came back and said something like "I am sorry, but someone did not price that correctly, it is our mistake. I can not sell you the tent for that price though." I would very politely said "Okay thank you" although I thought the policy was that if they were all mispriced they gave it to you for that price. If you are going to come be rude to me though, don't expect me to stand there and let you run all over me. Especially in front of my kids! I am not going to teach them to let people walk all over them.

SO we leave Target and run into Walmart. I am looking at batting for making a pillow. I don't have a buggy or anything and this lady behind me says excuse me. I move thinking she is just wanting around me. She parks herself and her buggy RIGHT WHERE I WAS TRYING TO LOOK!!! I was already annoyed with people so this just made me mad!! Don't say excuse me and then stand where I was at looking at what I was trying to look at!! Instead of saying anything to her, I told Paul that apparantly I was not going to get to look at what I was looking at and we walked off (but I said it loud enough for her to hear). I don't want to be rude to everyone because of people like that, but I guess next time I will just have to turn around and say that I will be done in a few minutes. Apparantly when you try to be polite and use the manners that were taught to you, you get taken advantage of!!

No comments: