Friday, August 04, 2006

Scanner

Last weekend before Paul went out of town he looked at my scanner. I guess he finally got tired of hearing me complain about not having one - but hey, this is my only escape from the everyday ho-hum of life!! He found that the fuse inside it was blown. Well, after doing some searching online he found out that HP will not tell you what type of fuse it is. He went and talked to someone at Radio Shack and when we left there, he took me to Office Depot.

I already had a printer/copier/fax/scanner combo, but the scanner part was not working. Before we got that, we had just a plain scanner. Well, those are very hard to find now. I found one at Office Depot, but it was as much as the all in ones.

So, Paul got me a Brother's all in one. We got it home and set up and it was the biggest pain to work. First, after every scan, you have to reset the resolution. I did not know this and I scanned in a lot of photos as I was putting them in a frame (taped in). After I got the frame done, I was looking at the pictures enlarged and they sucked! That is when I found out I have to change the resolution after every scan.

Secondly, I had the hardest time finding where my pictures were sent too. When I found them I had to change things around to where I could post them. Just too much work! I wanted my old scanner where I just push a button, it scans and shows up in My Pictures.

Paul, patiently tried to help me with it and it was still too big of a pain, so we took it back. He got on Consumer Reports and found that an Epson that we had seen at Walmart for the same price as the Brothers was their top rated cheaper scanner. So we went to get it instead. The only downside to the Epson is that it did not have a fax. It is really nice to have, but not a necessity. I don't use them that often, but it is nice not to have to depend on Paul to get them and send them at work and then remember to bring them home.

Anyway - I have a scanner now and I am working at scanning in all of Caleb's baby pictures (he was pre-digital camera!!). I have some really cute ones that I am very excited about posting! I have baby pics of the other two on here, but not him. Also, in case anything ever happens to his prints, I want to have them on cd (although cds will probably not be around by the time he is old enough to get all of his baby stuff!!).

So look for more pictures to come!!

No comments: