Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Sick Kids!!!

I know you can't fake a fever or passed strep test, but I have one kid that can definently put forth the effort! Caleb got up this morning complaining that his throat was KILLING him and saying it hurt so bad he could not swallow at all! This continued until 8am - which is what time school starts!! Magically, at 8 his throat got better and he was able to eat 6 cinammon squares with no complaints.

He was fine ALL day - picking on his brothers and playing - until right before bedtime. Then his stomach started hurting. He was lying on the bathroom floor moaning and groaning while I was giving Andrew his bath. When I never acknowledged him, he got louder. I told him it sounded like he needed to go to bed!

He continued until I went outside (and the boys and Daddy were already out there). He tried to follow me, but I told him he needed to stay in since he was sick. He asked if he could play the x-box and I said no, he needed to rest since he is so sick. "I am starting to feel better though!"

It is so amazing how he can turn on and off his illness depending on what he wants to get out of or be able to do!

He did tell me when we went and got his make-up work and he saw all of his homework that staying home sick didn't seem like much fun anymore. He for some reason thought that the work he was missing would just disappear and he would never have to do it. He had a notebook sheet of paper full of assignments for him to do. He spent half the day doing homework! He got everything but a collage done.

Poor Isaac has continuously asked since yesterday (right after I picked him up) when he could go back to school. I guess the new has not warn off for him yet!

No comments: