Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Andrew's Dr Update

It has been a really long day!! The kids were out of school today for parent/teacher conferences, so between all the kids being home, two appointments with teachers, an appointment with a principal and a drs appointment - yes ALL the kids went to ALL the meetings - I am EXHAUSTED!!!

I am going to skip the P/T conferences and safe them for another day - just don't feel like typing all of that, and it is lengthy (and honestly, I don't really want to think about it right now!). I am just going to post about Andrew's appointment and call it a day!

He has gained....drumroll please....almost ONE WHOLE POUND in TWO WEEKS!!!! HOORAY!!! PARTY!! This is actually a huge stepping stone because it means that we go back in a month instead of every two weeks!!!

We have not really changed anything the last couple of weeks, so not sure WHY he has gained so well this time, but WE WILL TAKE IT!!

She did not have the results from yesterday (I was afraid that would happen) but she said if she was concerned about anything she would call me. She asked what I was told during the test, as far as results. I told her about the ligament in his tummy that was 'out of alignment', but that they watched him for quite a while and determined that he was processing food okay. She said that if he does in fact have a ligament 'out of alignment' that could explain why his reflux is so bad, and why it is worse sometimes than others. She said the ligament could be twisting and kinking and making it hard for food to pass by.

She upped his dosage of Prevacid, because he finally reached the next weight brackcet for it. He gets a whole pill a day instead of a half! She told us to start giving more food, and more variety. I asked if he could have yogurt, and she said yes and asked if I thought he would like that. I told her I let him taste a smoothie (which I make with yogurt, a little juice and fresh fruit) and he LOVED it, but I didn't want to give him anymore than a taste because of the dairy. She said since he was doing fine with the formula that is cow-milk based, he should do fine. She told me to also give him some ice cream if he liked it, because it would beef up the calorie count (he has already tasted that too - and likes it!).

Needless to say, I was quite excited and relieved when we left the office!! If he had not gained enough to make the dr happy this time, we would have started testing for different things. The Upper GI was bad enough - for me and him!!

Thank you to EVERYONE who has been praying for Andrew!! I amazes me the power of prayer!

No comments: