Monday, September 03, 2007

Homemade Baby Food

This is what he HAS NOT eaten of everything so far!

I have been feeding Andrew homemade babyfood all weekend. I went Friday and got a small rice/vegetable steamer and some fresh fruits and veggies for him and have been steaming, baking, chopping and grinding this weekend. So far, everything I have made he has really loved!

He has had carrots with a tiny dab of molasses for some flavor (that were boiled and put through the blender), butternut squash (that was baked and put through the food processor), I steamed some green beans (and put through the food processor), but he has not tried these yet.

Today, I experimented with the best way to do peaches. I took half a peach and just put it through the food processor with a dab of water and the other half I steamed. He ate some of what I just blended with a little cereal and LOVED them. After dinner I finished the steamed peaches. They were much easier to blend. I didn't have to add any water to it - just blended them up!

He has never had a problem eating, but he sure seems to like the homemade stuff!! Tomorrow I am making sweet potatoes!

No comments: