Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Isaac and School

Isaac is still loving school. He is having a hard time remembering to bring his lunchbox home, though. It is not quite as tramatic now as it was the first week (probably because he has had lots of practice at leaving it now), but it is very frustrating when I am trying to fix his lunch!!

His gingerbread man project... I got a note home last week from the teacher asking if he did the project because she had not seen it. I sent a note to her telling her what it looked like. We went up there Friday to have lunch with the boys and went to see if we saw them hanging outside the class. His was under someone elses name! We moved it to his spot and I told the teacher that afternoon. Apparantly, she held them up in class and asked whose it was and Isaac didn't say anything!!!

He is learning sight words for reading. This has been fun!? I have been writing sentences throughout the house - especially on his bathroom mirror (I have these cool window markers that wash easily!). I make him read the sentences to me. While we are working on recongnizing the words, he is also learning to spell them. It was frustrating for all of us at first, but he is starting to get it! He is doing great and I am very proud of him!

He is so funny! He doesn't ask anyones names. He plays with all of the kids, but doesn't know their names. There is one kids that has the same backpack as Isaac. He always comes home talking about this kid, but always says "the kid with the same backpack as me" like that is the kids name. We keep telling him to ask names, but he apparantly doesn't. Friday we found out that it is not just him. While sitting at the lunch table with him and his class, we asked some of the other kids if they knew their classmates names. Most of them only knew the name of one or two kids. I guess they have not been together too long yet, just seems funny that you spend all day with these people and don't know anyones names!

No comments: