Monday, September 24, 2007

Can we fail third grade??

Apparantly, Caleb is going to try! How awkward would it be if you fail third grade WHILE you are in the gifted and talanted program! Especially when it is because of LAZINESS!!! Oh, and refusal to attempt to be organized (which is really frustrating to someone who is OCD about organization!!)

He got a zero for a collage he was supposed to do last week. I reminded him on three different days (which is more than I should have done) to do it, and he didn't. Then he was writing a report about Lacrosse that he said was optional for a sports book his class was doing. When I picked him up today, he said he could turn it in tomorrow, but would loose 10 points - so it WAS a grade! Then he forgot his homework (AGAIN). I took him back to the school (even though it was pouring rain) to get it, which I explained that I would not do anymore. This is the second time since school started less than two months ago that I have done that!

I tried letting him decide the best way for him to keep his stuff organized. He asked me to get him a planner so he could write his assignments in it and checking them off as he finishes. He has used it one time, and has had it since the second week of school! He won't put any papers in his folder to bring home or take them to school, he just throws them in his bag and wonders why he doesn't know what he has!

I have a conference with his teacher tomorrow. We will see....

No comments: