Monday, September 17, 2007

Sick kids

So much for a week without drs!! Caleb started feeling bad this weekend, so I kept him home today to go to the dr. He complained that his throat was hurting a little, his head was hurting and Friday night - his stomach was hurting. I know it is time for him to get strep throat though, because he has been in school for several weeks and he usually gets strep around now.

As I was leaving the house this morning to take Caleb, the school called. Isaac went to the nurse with an upset tummy. She took his temp and it was 100.7. So, I picked him up and took him to.

I told dr what was going on adn reminded him that it is time for Caleb to get strep. He checked him out, said he was congested, said he did not have the symptoms of strep and his throat looked fine, but because of his history wanted to test it anyway. Came back positive - do I know my kids or what!!

He did not test Isaac. He did an exam everything looked fine, so he is treating both of them for strep throat. He asked how much Isaac weighed and I told him he was around 40 pounds last time so I would guess 42 to 44. He went and had him weighed and came back with a big smile. I hit it perfect! He was 44 pounds - see told you I know my kids!!

They can't go back to school until Wednesday. I am going to keep Bryce home tomorrow from MDO, just in case he has it. So far he seems fine, but I would hate to knowingly spread it! They did say if he starts showing symptoms to call and they would call in a prescription!

No comments: