Monday, September 10, 2007

Can we say DISASTER!?

This weekend Caleb got to bring home the class pet - a guinea pig. If you have never owned one....THEY STINK!!!! Worse than a hamster by a long shot! And Caleb cleaned his cage out everyday!

Really, the weekend went fine with Pig Boy (that is really his name). I meant to take a picture, but this weekend disappeared too quickly, and I didn't. Unfortunately, I am sure we will see Pig Boy again this year!

This morning was the disaster!! Of course, when Pig Boy comes home with you, Mom or Dad has to go get him and then take him back. The morning that I have to take him back - with all four kids I might add - IT IS POURING!!! There are no parking spots by the doors and you can't park in front of the building because that is where kids get dropped off.

So, I go park in the parking lot. I tell everyone to stay in the car until I tell them to get out. I get AJ's stroller and snap his carseat into it. I am trying to also hold a big golf umbrella over him and me to kepp us dry. I open the back to get the guinea pig out and tell the boys to get out and come help. Of course, they all start dancing in the rain!! I ask one of them to hold the umbrella over AJ - at this point I didn't really care if I got wet, just wanted to get everyone inside - they decide to see how much rain the inside of the umbrella would hold!

I make Caleb hold the now closed umbrella, I put the rodent over Andrew on the stroller to keep AJ dry and made Isaac carry the case that has all of the rodents food and other required accessories. Then I TRY to push a stroller, while not letting the guinea pig go SPLASH (or SPLAT) on the concrete, hold Bryce's hand so he would quit seeing how wet he could get, and get inside as quick as possible! Of course, there is no ramp to get over the curb, so traffic has to wait on me to take the cage off the stroller, set it on the curb, get the stroller up the curb and all of the little ducklings out of the road.

We FINALLY made it inside and got the "thing" dropped off. We are all soaked (except for AJ who LAUGHED THE ENTIRE TIME)

You are welcome to all of the parents that got a laugh out of the mad house of my life this morning!! All I needed was to have the kids line up behind me and do "quack quack waddle waddle" to complete the picture!

More post for the past week to come - gotta a screaming baby right now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was funny just picturing it. I had a doctor's appointment this morning -- and I got soaked three times: getting to my car, getting out of my car at the doctor's, and getting back in the car after the doctor's appointment. I was a disgusting, wet mess. Lindsay

Anonymous said...

The entire time I am reading this I am thinking how my lovely and loving children would have done the 'quack, quack, waddle, waddle'. I really think I need to do some work with All my grandchildren!