Thursday, September 20, 2007

I NEED HELP!!

Not that kind! I do, but I would be going to a trained professional for that!!!

I need postcards!! It doesn't matter where they are from (but I guess the stranger the place the cooler it would be). We are working on Caleb's room (assuming, of course, he gets to KEEP his room!!). We had some wall maps up, and Daddy was marking every place he goes, but the ceiling fan kept blowing it down and I can't find a frame big enough for it. So, I am going to make one this weekend. I am just going to get some small molding and put around it to keep the fan from blowing it.

We are using some old license plates (so if anyone has any of those - especially from different states - we could use those too!) that we have - from Pepa's old truck, an Arkansas plate we had from a past vehicle, etc. We have Daddy's old Arizona Route 66 metal sign that we are using. I thought it would be neat to frame some postcards to use too (he would like them even more if there was a special message for him on it - he LOVES getting mail!!)

Caleb wants to be an explorer. He is very interested in maps and globes. He would really like to explore jungles and deserts, etc., but I thought this would be a fun way to decorate his room and postcards with special messages on them would be a neat thing for his "memory box" that he has when he decides to take them down off the wall. It has also been a great learning tool for him. He is learning where the states are and different cities in different states.

Thanks in advance for your help!! He doesn't know I am putting out this request, so it will be a BIG surprise when he asks me if he got mail (which he oddly does DAILY and I always have to tell him no) and I can actually say yes! I am going to have Daddy start picking up a postcard when he is out of town - like next week while he is in Maine on vacation!!!

No comments: