Monday, September 03, 2007

Isaac's First Homework Assignment

Isaac gets homework on Mondays and they are due on Friday. With helping Caleb with lots of homework every night, I neglected to help Isaac with his - of course it doesn't help with Daddy being out of town! Thursday night, Paul called me from Canada after I went to bed. At about 10:30 Thursday night, I realized that Isaac's homework was due the next morning.

I was up until 12:30 working on it. I cut everything out, but couldn't glue it because I had to be able to say Isaac helped. So, I found scrap material, cut out the gingerbread man, cut out the material, sewed shoe laces on the shoes and put the snap through the paper for the eyes.

When we got up Friday morning, I had Isaac glue everything on, and Isaac decided that GM needed a hat! So, I quickly cut out a hat and helped him glue it on!!

If I am lucky, the glue was dry by the time he got to school!!! I did at least think to put it in a ziplock bag so it couldn't glue itself to any papers or folders!!

Here is GM:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meaghan,

I think you might be able to pass kindergarten! Great job! I can't really tell what the kids were supposed to learn from this assignment though -- what was the point of it?

Lindsay