Monday, January 22, 2007

Long, Scary Night!

I am kind of scared about the floorplan of the new house. I have always wanted a split floorplan (master bedroom at opposite end of house than other bedrooms). I was very excited to see this one had one - until last night!

I did not sleep well last night, between a squeaky fan, outside dogs barking, and my ever-moving child inside me. At about 4:15 this morning, I started hearing a very strange noise. I heard it a couple of times and sat up to try and figure out what it was. Then I started hearing Bryce crying intermittingly.

I went into his room to see if he was okay and if the noise was coming from in there. As soon as I open the door I start hearing the noise again. I turn on the hall light and see Bryce sitting in a corner. As soon as I looked at him I realized the noise WAS HIM!!! I was hearing him breathing from my room - with both doors closed! He kept crying asking for medicine!

He was having the most severe asthma attack he has ever had. Usually his asthma symptoms are severe coughing and light wheezing. There was no coughing, only a horrible, barking, gasping breathing. Bryce hates his inhaler - there is always a fight to give it! The fact that he was BEGGING for it proves how scared he was and how hard he was having to try to breath!

I had already said something to Paul about putting a baby monitor in there room too at the new house, and had decided that since they normally just come to our room when they are scared or have a problem, I would not spend the money on it. At 4:30 this morning, when I sat it bed holding Bryce because he still could not breath, I told Paul that I was going to get a monitor for there room!

Bryce was so scared that he just ducked into a corner on his bed and struggled to breath! We have been up since then. It took until almost 6 this morning just to get his breathing back to where he was no struggling to take a breath. I did not want to go back to sleep, because I did not want him to lay down flat, and I could not sleep with his struggled breathing in my ear if I wanted to.

There is an inhaler in the car and two in the house, but since I will soon be carrying a diaper bag again, there will be one in the diaper bag as well. I don't know who was more scared last night - me or Bryce! This morning, he is a little raspy sounding and I am now on bronchitis/phnemonia alert - since those are what he likes to get this time of year!!

P.S. Even Paul leapt out of bed when he realized that the sound he was hearing was Bryce!! And, unfortunately, he was up with us most of the morning since!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so scary -- my poor sweetheart. Keep us updated on how he is doing.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I forgot to sign the last comment. Love you guys, Lindsay