Monday, January 15, 2007

28 Week Update

We had our 28 week check-up this morning. This was the "fun" one where they did the glucose test. For those of you that have never experienced this, you have to drink a - in todays case Fruit Punch - flavored sugar drink. It is very sweet and by the second sip - the baby was going crazy kicking! After you drink it ALL (in less than five minutes and we are talking 10-12 ounces I think) you have to wait an hour for them to poke your finger.

Anyways - all is fine with the baby. We got a good strong heartbeat and he was kicking the entire time the dr was getting measurements. He said I was measuring exactly what I am suppose to be. I have gained 19 pounds since the beginning - which is a little more than I should have gained by now, but the dr did not say anything about it.

I see the dr again in 4 weeks and then we go to seeing him every 2 weeks. Only 12 more weeks until our due date!!!! I have made it to the last trimester! Hopefully, since we will be moving in a couple of weeks and then with all of the unpacking, I will stay so busy that the time will fly!

No comments: