Wednesday, January 17, 2007

House Update

I went by the house this morning to see if carpet had been put down and the back patio fixed. When I got there the garage door was open, but noone was there. I went in the backyard and saw they had worked on the back patio. They got the corners cut and the frame down - all they need to do is pour the concrete now. I peeked in the window and there was carpet down - HOORAY!!!!

The door into the house from the garage was not closed all the way. I peeked my head in to see if they had put the black microwave in - which they had. I did not want to go in, because I did not want someone to drive up and think I was "breaking" in or anything.

As I was leaving the builder pulled in. He asked if I wanted to walk through the house - and of course I did!! It looks GREAT! They got it all cleaned up - all the paper out of the windows. They touched up the paint (they had previously touched it up with the wrong color!). He explained the plan for the backyard, but the yard man has been in the hospital the last couple of days.

There is a guy coming out to hook up the gas fireplace today and someone was coming out to do the final inspection on the house. Other than the backyard - everything is pretty much done. He told me to call the realtor and have her call his agent and set up the final walk-through. It looks so different now that it is cleaned up and there is carpet. Bryce was quite excited (as was Mommy!)

Thank goodness the water was running! Bryce was going from room to room closing himself in the rooms. For some reason when he went in the bathroom, I thought I better go see what he was doing. He was pottying!! Doesn't matter how many times we have told him he could not use that bathroom until we move in - he did anyway. Luckily, the toilet flushed!

No comments: