Sunday, January 14, 2007

I HATE WALMART

We FINALLY knocked out a big chunk of the baby shopping! We went last night and got the carseat, stroller, playpen and swing. I did a lot of research on carseats, because of the consumer reports test that came out in which most of the seats did pretty poorly! I had decided I wanted a Graco Snugride, which ranked second, but was pretty close in ratings with the number one.

I did a lot of shopping around, trying to find one I liked. The one I wanted, and was going to get, cost quite a bit more than a lot of the ones I was looking at. I decided to go the cheap route - since I have so much to get for the baby alone! When we went grocery shopping last night, I looked at Walmarts selection. They had a Graco travel system I liked, but they are zip-tied to the counter and they are so high up you cannot see anything.

While I was TRYING to look, a Walmart employee came over and while talking on her cell phone - told us we could not take them down. I was a little annoyed that she would come over and tell us we could not look at it, but extremely annoyed that she did not even get off the phone to help us!! So I went to ask another employee if they could cut the ONE ziptie and let me look at it. She said they were not allowed to. "So, you are telling me I have to buy it, take it home and put it together and then bring it back if I don't like it?" She said that is all I could do!

At that point, I told Paul I did not even want to buy from Walmart! We left and went to Target to see their selection. They did not have much Graco Snugrides. We went to a different Walmart and they did not have what we were looking for at all.

I was trying to keep from having to drive the two and a half hours to Memphis to go to Babies R Us, and too cheap to pay the shipping cost to buy online, so we went back to Walmart here and got it. When I was checking out I asked if after I got it all put together, if I did not like it if I could bring it back. SHe said yes, and asked if this particular one was displayed. I explained what happened and she said there was no policy that said they could not cut the zipties, those people were just rude.

This is why I HATE WALMART!!!!!!! But, at least the baby will be safe in his carseat if we ever get into an accident! The sacrifices we make for our children:)!!!!

No comments: