Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Your Embarrassment, My Compliment

Caleb gave Paul and I a huge compliment today. He was sitting out at the curb with a few other boys talking. Paul and I were playing basketball with each other. Paul overheard Caleb telling the other boys how Paul and I always tell each other we love each other and that Daddy calls me Sweetpea and we always kiss each other and things like that.

While we were eating lunch I asked Caleb if he was telling his friends this stuff. He said yes. I asked if that embarrassed him and he said yes. I asked why and he said it was "discussing" (disgusting).

I take it as a compliment that after almost 11 years together, my son thinks we are embarrassing because we show that we love each other! I hope that he learns to love the same way - in a long time - when the time is right!

I did inform Caleb that because he told us it was embarrassing - we would make sure to act that way more often when he is around! When we went to eat - we made sure to loudly tell each other we love each other, and kiss on each other - his squirming in response was great!

No comments: